Lateral Entry Scheme is intended to admit meritorious Diploma holders to the Third Semester of the B. Tech courses to acquire a Degree in Engineering. Lateral Entry Scheme is approved by Government of Kerala as per G.O (MS) No.156/2002/H.Edn dated: 13.11.2002 and G.O(Rt)No.1305/2019/H.Edn dated 26.07.2019 for 10% of the sanctioned seats, which shall be over and above, supernumerary to the total seats plus the unfilled vacancies of the first year (lapsed seats of first year). A state level Entrance Examination for the selection is suggested to maintain uniformity among various schemes of Diploma holders.
Candidates who have passed Three years/Two years(Lateral Entry) Diploma in Engineering and Technology awarded from State Board of Technical Education / Universities or Institutions under Govt. of India, or undergoing studies at AICTE approved institutions. Candidates who have passed diploma in Engineering/ Technology with at least 45% marks (40% in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/SEBC categories) are eligible for writing the entrance examination.
Candidates should upload a certificate showing the duration of the course and the details of the certificate-issuing authority properly authenticated by the head of the institution concerned if the same is not specifically stated in the certificate or mark list of the Diploma stream examination.
Applicants should have completed 18 years of age as of the 31st December 2022. No relaxation in the minimum age will be allowed. However, there is no upper age limit. Nativity Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply in all categories of seats in B.Tech (LET) admission. The admission of non-Keralites will be restricted to the Management Quota seats in Private Self-Financing engineering colleges and Management seats in the Government Controlled Engineering colleges.
Reservation of seats
All seats under the Lateral Entry scheme will be filled from the common rank list prepared by the Director, LBS Centre for Science and Technology for the LET Admission 2022 In Government Engineering Colleges all seats under Lateral Entry scheme will be allotted as Government seats. 15% of seats under Lateral Entry are reserved as Management seats in Aided Engineering Colleges and remaining 85% will be allotted as Government seats. 50% of seats under Lateral Entry will be allotted as Government seats and 50% seats are reserved as Management seats in Self Financing Engineering Colleges. The availability of seats will be announced before the ensuing online admission.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidate should click the button “NEW CANDIDATE”. The personal details of the candidates have to be filled in the page thus obtained. All the basic information, required in the application are to be filled in at this step. Before filling the details, read the Prospectus carefully. The data provided here will be used for processing the application. Any mistake in filling this sheet or providing false/incomplete/wrong information will affect the candidates eligibility for admission or claim for reservation under any category. It is obligatory that the candidate should fill all the items in the registration stage. If the data is filled completely, after confirming that all the information given are correct and true, click the Save and Continue button to complete the registration process.
b. Fee payment
At this step, the candidate has to make the payment of application fee by way of Online or by way of challan.
c. Application Entry and uploading of Photograph/Signature/Certificates/Documents
The candidate should fill all the remaining items in the application entry stage. A recent passport size photograph of the candidate and Signature of the candidate, all in jpeg format of given specifications are to be uploaded. In addition all the certificates and documents in support of the various claims made in the application should be uploaded. Nativity proof as stipulated in clause 4.3 and proof for date of birth are mandatory. When a candidate selects an option in the application, the button to upload the corresponding certificate/document, if any, required, will be activated against that option. If more than one document have to be uploaded for a single claim, all the documents should be converted into a single PDF file and uploaded.
d. Final Confirmation and Print Application
After completing the step c, the candidate can “Preview’ the application before confirmation and submission. After Preview the candidate has to accept the declaration and make the final submission. The facility to accept the declaration (Tick box) will be enabled only if all the mandatory fields are filled and the uploading of supporting documents and images are completed. The candidate should then take a printout of the Application Form page from the online application for future references. Applications should be complete in all respects.
A candidate will be considered eligible for positioning in the Ranklist, only if he/she has uploaded the relevant certificates prescribed in the Prospectus, in proof of eligibility, or in support of any claim for reservation, under any category. Candidates are directed to keep a copy of the printout of the Application Form page of the online application for future reference.
CERTIFICATES/ DOCUMENTS TO BE UPLOADED ALONG WITH THE APPLICATION
- Scanned copy of the S.S.L.C book or any other relevant record to prove date of birth
- Any one of the certificates as per clause 5(a) to prove nativity.
- Documents to prove Academic Eligibility: Degree/Diploma Certificate / Final Year/Semester Marklist/ Hall Ticket of Final Year/Semester qualifying examination.
- Scanned copy of Equivalency Certificate for candidates who have passed Degree/Diploma equivalent to those mentioned in Academic Eligibility.
- Scanned Copy of Non Creamy Layer Certificate if applicable
- Scanned Copy of Community Certificate if applicable
- Scanned Copy of Inter-Caste marriage certificate in the prescribed format, if applicable
- Scanned copy of Certificate from the Medical Board for Persons with Disabilities
- Scanned copy of Income & Community Certificates in the prescribed format if applicable
- Scanned copy of EWS Certificate issued by Village officer (Applicable to general community candidates, claiming EWS reservation).
- Any other documents mentioned in the Notification of the Director, LBS Centre for Science and Technology
A State level OMR based objective type Entrance Examination for duration of two hours will be conducted by The Director, LBS Centre for Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram for the selection.
Examination centers will be at Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Alappuzha, Pathanamthitta, Kottayam, Thodupuzha, Ernakulam, Thrissur, Palakkad, Malappuram, Sulthan Bathery, Kozhikode, Kannur & Kasaragod. Admit Cards for the Examination can be downloaded from websites the website.
Admit cards will not be sent by post. The Entrance Examination will be as per the syllabus based on the First year B.Tech curriculum of Kerala Technological University (KTU). The rank list will be published by The Director, LBS Centre for Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram.
The Rank List shall be prepared with all the candidates in the order of marks secured in the Entrance examination, except those who secure Zero. There is no negative mark in the valuation of answer scripts for the entrance examination. For every correct answer candidates will get one mark and no reduction of mark (negative mark) for the wrong answers.
Valuation and Declaration of Results
A fully computerized system has been adopted for the valuation of the answer scripts using Optical Mark Reader (OMR) system and for the results. The marks secured by the candidates will not be disclosed under any circumstances and any such enquiries will not be entertained. There will be no provision for revaluation or rechecking of the answer scripts or recounting of the marks.
1. Director of Technical Education or Director, LBS Centre for Science and Technology will not entertain any request for change of the date of Entrance Examination or Centralised Allotment Process.
2. The Allotment for admission to B.Tech Lateral Entry course-2022-23 will be done by The Director, LBS Centre for Science and Technology under the supervision of DTE, Kerala.
3. Candidate will not be permitted to take items such as Pencil, eraser, correction fluid, calculator, electronic gadgets, mobile phones etc, into the examination hall. Any attempt of malpractice in the Examination will result in the disqualification of the candidate and will lead to debarring of the candidate for not less than two years. Barcode tampering will also be treated as an act of Malpractice.
4. All disputes pertaining to the Examination, selection or admission shall fall within the jurisdiction of the Hon’ble High Court of Kerala.
5. Any other items not specifically covered in this prospectus will be decided by the Director of Technical Education, Kerala/Director, LBS Centre for Science and Technology and their decision shall be final and he is also empowered to cancel any admission found to be illegal subsequent to the admission.
6. Weeding out Rule: The records of the Entrance Examinations will be preserved up to 31st December of the year of conduct of the Entrance Examination.
For General candidates
For SC/ST candidates
FEES FOR THE VARIOUS COURSES IN GOVERNMENT/ AIDED COLLEGES
|Admission Fee||Rs. 240/-|
|Tuition Fee||Rs. 3150/- per semester|
|Special Fee (Revenue Rs.1740/- and P.D Rs.370/-)||Rs. 2110/- per year|
|University Fee (Administration fee – Rs.1000/- at the time of admission, Sports and Athletic fee Rs.500/-at the time of admission, Exam fee – Rs. 500/-, Subject fee – Rs.1200/-)||Rs. 3200/-|
For detailed prospectus,
This bundle is focused on diploma holders who want to acquire a Degree in Engineering through meritorious results🤩 in the examination. We assure you with a forum🙌with the Best quality content👌that enhances your next phase of preparation🤝.
The features of the Course include:
✳️ Basic Civil and Mechanical Eng
✳️ Basic Electrical and Electronics
✳️ Computer Science Eng
The bundle is also full-fledged with
👉🏼Recorded video Classes syllabus
👉🏼 Daily Assessment tests
👉🏼 PYQ discussion
👉🏼 Faculty support
👉🏼 PYQ Discussions
Course Duration: – 1 Year
Course Fee : 4500/- + Gst