|Organization Name||Staff Selection Commission|
|Last date to apply||02.09.2022|
Staff Selection Commission will hold an open competitive Examination for recruitment of Junior Engineers (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Quantity Surveying & Contracts) for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India. The posts are Group ‘B’ (Non-Gazetted), in Level-6 (Rs 35400-112400/-) of pay matrix of 7th Central Pay Commission.
DETAILS OF POST
|Organization||Name of post|
|Border Roads Organization (BRO)||Junior Engineer (Civil)|
|Central Public Works Department (CPWD)||Junior Engineer (Civil)|
|Central Water and Power Research Station||Junior Engineer (Civil|
|Central Water Commission||Junior Engineer (Civil)|
|Farakka Barrage Project (FBP)||Junior Engineer (Civil)|
|Military Engineer Services (MES)||Junior Engineer (Civil)|
|National Technical Research Organization (NTRO)||Junior Engineer (Civil)|
|Ministry of Ports, Shipping & Waterways (Andaman Lakshadweep Harbour Works||Junior Engineer (Civil)|
Vacancies will be determined in due course. Updated vacancy position will be uploaded on the website of the Commission
1.Reservation for Scheduled Castes (SC)/Scheduled Tribes (ST) /OtherBackward Classes (OBC)/ Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) and Persons with Disabilities (PwD), etc would be as determined and communicated by the Indenting Ministries /Departments /Organizations, as per extant Government Orders.
2.The Commission makes selection of candidates pursuant to the vacancies reported by the concerned User Departments /Organizations for various posts. The Commission does not have any role in deciding the number of vacancies of any User Department /Organization. Implementation of reservation policy,maintaining reservation roster and earmarking of vacancies for different categories comes under the domain of the User Departments /Organizations.
3.Junior Engineer being a Group ‘B’ post, there is no reservation for ExServicemen (ESM) category. The guidelines / rules relating to reservation for ESM category included in this Notice have to be read in the light of this stipulation. However, benefit of age-relaxation will be admissible to ESM candidates, as per extant Government Orders
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application fee||Rs 100/-|
HOW TO APPLY
1.Applications are required to be submitted in online mode only at the official website of SSC Headquarters. For detailed instructions, please refer to Annexure-III and Annexure-IV of this Notice. Sample proforma of One-time Registration and online Application Forms are attached as Annexure-IIIA and Annexure-IVA.
2. In the online Application Form, candidates are required to upload the scanned colour passport size photograph in JPEG format (20 KB to 50 KB).The photograph should not be more than three months old from the date of publication of the Notice of Examination. Image dimension of the photograph should be about 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5cm (height). The photograph should be without cap and spectacles.
3.If the proper photograph is not uploaded by a candidate, his/her candidature will be cancelled. Specimen of photographs which are acceptable/not acceptable is given at Annexure-XVI.
4. Scanned signature in JPEG format (10 to 20 KB). Image dimension of the signature should be about 4.0 cm (width) x 2.0 cm (height). Applications with illegible/blurred signature will be rejected.
5. Last date and time for submission of online applications is 02.09.2022 (2300 hours).
6 .Candidates are advised in their own interest to submit online applications much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid the possibility of disconnection/inability or failure to login to the SSC website on account of heavy load on the website during the closing days.
7. The Commission will not be responsible for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of the aforesaid reasons or for any other reason beyond the control of the Commission.
8. Before submission of the online application, candidates must check that they have filled correct details in each field of the form.
9 .Fee payable: Rs 100/- (Rs one hundred only).
10. Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Persons with disabilities (PwD) and Ex-Servicemen eligible for reservation are exempted from payment of fee.
11 .Fee can be paid through BHIM UPI, Net Banking or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit card or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
12 .Online fee can be paid by the candidates up to 03.09.2022 (2300 hours). However, candidates who wish to make the payment through challan of SBI,may make the payment in cash at the designated branches of SBI within the working hours of bank up to 03.09.2022 provided the challan has been generated by them before 02.09.2022 (2300 hours).
13.Application received without the prescribed fee shall not be considered and summarily rejected. No representation against such rejection will be entertained
14 .Candidates who are not exempted from fee payment must ensure that their fee has been deposited with SSC. If the fee is not received by SSC, status of Application Form is shown as ‘Incomplete’ and this information is printed on the top of the Application Form. Further, status of fee payment can be verified at the ‘Payment Status” link provided in the candidate’s login screen. Such applications which remain incomplete due to non-receipt of fee will be SUMMARILY REJECTED and no request for consideration of such applications and fee payment after the period specified in the Notice of Examination shall be entertained.
15. Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor will it be adjusted against any other examination or selection.
MODE OF SELECTION
1. Minimum qualifying marks in Paper-I and Paper-II are as follows:
(i) UR : 30%
(ii) OBC/EWS : 25%
(iii) SC / ST : 20%
2 .Based on the normalized marks scored in the (Paper-I) i.e. Computer Based Examination, candidates will be shortlisted, category-wise, to appear in Paper-II. The Commission shall have the discretion to fix different cut-off marks in each part of Paper-I taking into consideration among others, category-wise vacancies and category-wise number of candidates.
3. Final selection and allocation of Ministries /Departments /Organizations will be made on the basis of the performance of candidates in Paper-I andPaper-II and the preference of Ministries /Departments /Organizationsexercised by them.
4. The final allotment of posts are made on the basis of merit-cumpreferences of Post(s) /Department(s) given by the candidates and once a post is allotted, no change of posts will be made by the Commission due to non-fulfillment of any post specific requirements of physical /medical / educational standards or any other requirement. In other words, for example, if a candidate has given higher preference for a post and is selected for that post; in that case, if he/she fails to meet the medical/physical/educational standards for that post, his/her candidature will be rejected and he/she will not be considered for any other posts.
5. SC, ST, OBC, EWS and PwD candidates, who are selected on their own merit without relaxed standards, will not be adjusted against the reserved share of vacancies. Such candidates will be accommodated against the general/unreserved vacancies in the post as per their position in the
overall merit or vacancies earmarked for their category, whichever is advantageous to them. The reserved vacancies will be filled up separately from amongst the eligible SC, ST, OBC, EWS and PwD candidates.
6. SC, ST, OBC, EWS and PwD candidate who qualifies on the basis ofrelaxed standards; viz., age limit, experience or qualifications, permittednumber of chances, extended zone of consideration, etc, irrespective ofhis/her merit position, is to be counted against reserved vacancies and notagainst un-reserved vacancies. Such candidates may also be recommended at the relaxed standards to the extent of number of vacancies reserved for them, to make up for the deficiency in the reserved quota, irrespective of their rank in the order of merit. Insofar as cases of Ex-Serviceman are concerned, deduction of the military service rendered from the age of ex-servicemen is permissible against the reserved or unreserved posts and such exemption will not be termed as relaxed standards in regard to age. Similarly for PwD candidates, relaxation of 10 years in upper age limit will not be termed as relaxed standards.
7. A person with disability who is selected on his/her own merit can be appointed against an unreserved vacancy provided the post is identified suitable for Persons with Disability of relevant category.
8. Success in the examination confers no right of appointment unless Government is satisfied after such enquiry as may be considered necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respects for appointment to the service/post.
9. The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions for admission to the examination. Their admission at all stages of the examination will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If, on verification, at any time before or after the written examination, it is found that they do not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions, their candidature for the examination will be cancelled.
10. Candidates, who are appointed on the basis of this examination, shall be on probation for a period of two years and during the period of probation, the candidates would be required to undergo such training or pass such examinations as prescribed by the Controlling Authority. On successful completion of the period of probation, the candidates shall, if considered fit for permanent appointment, be confirmed to their post by the Controlling Authority.
11. Candidates selected for appointment are liable to serve anywhere in India; i.e., the posts carry All India Service Liability (AISL).
12. Candidates on final selection may be allotted a State/UT/Zone by the concerned User Ministry /Department/Organization. Such candidates may be required to acquire the proficiency in local language of the allotted State/UT/Zone for confirmation of the candidates to the allotted posts by the concerned User Ministry/Department/Organization.
13. If a candidate scoring more than cut-off marks in any Tier/Stage of the examination is not qualified for the subsequent stage/final selection due to any reason, he/she must represent to the concerned Regional /SubRegional Office of the Commission within two months of the declaration of the result or two weeks prior to the conduct of next stage of the examination, whichever is earlier.
14. If a candidate is finally selected and does not receive any correspondence from the Commission or the concerned User Department / Organization within a period of one year from the declaration of final result, he/she must communicate immediately thereafter with the concerned User Department / Organization.
For Detailed Notification
CIVILIANZ SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
Our Social media platforms are exclusively for Civil Engineering students, job candidates, teachers and all those who have a passion for Civil Engineering.
You will get
Civil engineering quiz and rewards
Regular job notifications
Civil related discussion and all in this group.