The admission to professional and non-professional courses conducted by Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT), Kochi – 22 for the year 2022, approved by the University.
|Name of the Programme||School / Department|
|Civil Engineering||School of Engineering, Campus 1|
|Civil Engineering||Cochin University College of Engineering Kuttanad (CUCEK), Campus 2|
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
- Any three-year Diploma in Engineering / Technology awarded by a Board of Technical Education recognised by the Department of Technical Education, Government of Kerala, with not less than 60% marks. The maximum age prescribed is 25 years as on 1st July of the current academic year.
- Candidates belonging to Kerala Scheduled Caste (KSC) and Kerala Scheduled Tribe (KST) communities are eligible for applying, if they have minimum pass marks in the qualifying examination.
- SEBC candidates of Kerala State belonging to non-creamy layer category are eligible for 5% relaxation in the minimum required marks for the qualifying examination.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates are required to read this prospectus carefully so as to make them fully aware of the rules/ procedures related to Application / Test / Option Registration/ Allotment and all other matters pertaining to Academic Admission 2022. Candidates are also required to visit the University website regularly so as to update themselves with latest notifications, notices, announcements, instructions etc. published in the admission website. In addition to this, registered candidates must login to their home page on a daily basis and comply with directions given therein without fail.
The prospectus sets out the rules and regulations for CAT 2022 and all other procedures related to Admissions 2022. The prospectus pertains to admissions to the academic programmes conducted at the following three campuses of the University:
• Main Campus situated at Thrikkakara, Kalamassery, Kochi-22
(Referred to as Campus 1)
• Kuttanadu Campus (CUCEK) situated at Pulincunnoo, Alappuzha
District (80 KM away from Campus 1) (Referred to as Campus 2)
“NEW CANDIDATE REGISTRATION” button and submit details. All fields are mandatory. After submission of details, an activation link will be sent to the email address provided by the candidate. Email account once used/activated can’t be used again. On clicking the activation link (obtained
in the email inbox), the user account will be activated. The user name will be candidate’s email address. Please note, the password must have at least 8 Characters and contain at least one Capital letter, one number and one special character. Make sure that the mobile number and the e-mail id used for the registration is active throughout the admission process. All emails, admission related notifications will be communicated to the registered e-mail and mobile number. Similarly, the applicant should check his mobile messages and e-mail inbox daily for suggestions from the university till the completion of the university admission process.
2. Personal Details and Reservation
Read instructions carefully. Then click Start Registration button. Fill all personal details required in the form. In case of any doubt, please read the relevant part of prospectus once again. If a Candidate wishes to claim any special reservation, the same is to be selected in the left list box and move to the right box using ‘select’ button.
3.Photo and Signature
Upload a recent passport size photograph of yourself with your well-lit face clearly visible, in portrait orientation. The file size of your photograph should not be larger than 500kb. The dimensions of the photo should be 150px X 180px. Upload a scanned image of your signature, in landscape orientation, with a file size not greater than 100kb. The dimensions should be 130px X 57px. The image format can be .png or .jpg or .jpeg.
4. Programme Selection
Utmost care is to be taken while selecting the programmes. A Select the programme or combination of programmes from the dropdown list. bFor example, if the candidate wish to appear for undergraduate programmes like B.Tech / B Voc programmes, they need to select Undergraduate Programme. Next, select the qualification which you are going to acquire or already acquired. On the basis of the qualification selected by you, list of programmes available in University will be listed. Candidate should add the programme(s), he/she wish to apply, to the right-side list box using select button. Then click “Confirm Courses” button. After confirming courses, details of Test codes will be displayed. A candidate needs to take test on one of the test codes shown corresponding to the selected course. .
10% of the total strength of Individual Branches of Regular B. Tech programmes plus any vacant seats in each branch in the previous year batch. 50% of total seats are under All India Merit and 50% are under State Merit. An additional 10% of the total seats will be available under EWS (Economically Weaker Section) as supernumerary seats over and above the sanctioned strength.
|Date for CAT Exam||17 th may 2022|
The Lateral Entry Test for admission to III Semester of the B. Tech course comprises 200 objective type questions designed to test the proficiency in English (20 questions), Mathematics (50 questions), Engineering Mechanics (40 questions), Engineering Graphics (40 questions) and General Engineering (50 questions). The test shall be of 3 hours duration and the maximum marks will be 600. For each right answer 3 marks will be awarded and for each wrong answer one mark will be deducted.
Option Registration after CAT Examination for B. Tech / M.Sc. (Five Year Integrated) in Photonics Programme and/or B Tech Lateral Entry
• Candidates applying for B Tech and/or MSc (Five year Integrated) in Photonics and/or B Tech Lateral Entry cannot select their choices of Branch, Seat category etc., during the time of online submission of application.
Candidates who have cleared the eligibility test and included in Rank list for admission to B Tech / B Tech Lateral entry will be given the facility for “Option Registration” after the Common Admission Test (CAT) for a specified period as per their eligibility, to choose the Branch as well as Seat Category (SM/AIM/NRI) etc. in the order of the Candidates’ preference. The “Option Registration” facility will be available in the home page of the candidates who are in the CAT Rank list. After logging in to the candidates portal, the qualified and eligible candidates can register their options online.
• The serial order in which the candidate has selected programmes will be considered as the order of his/her preference and the same shall be applied for all seat allotments. Candidates applying for seats reserved for Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries (CGW) and/or Children of CUSAT Staff (CHD) should invariably opt for AIM seats as one of their options.
• Candidates who fail to register their Options during the time allotted for the same will not be given/ considered for allotment. The Option Registration for NRI seats will only be available for those candidates who had opted for “NRI Seats” under ‘Special Reservations’ at the time of online submission of application.
For More Details Download the ProspectusDOWNLOAD
CIVILIANZ SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
Our Social media platforms are excusively for Civil Engineering students, job candidates, teachers and all those who have passion for Civil Engineering.
You will get
Civil engineering quizz and rewards
Regular job notifications
Civil related discussion and all in this group.