National Institute of Technology Rourkela, an Institute of National Importance under the Ministry of Education, Government of India invites applications for faculty positions from Indian nationals fulfilling eligibility criteria and possessing excellent academic background and commitment to quality teaching and research.
|Name of the Department||National Institute of Technology Rourkela|
|Name of the Posts||Professor, Assistant Professor|
|Educational Qualification||First Class in B.Tech./B.E. with Ph.D|
|Opening of online application portal||22nd November, 2022|
|Opening Date of Application||22/11/2022|
|Closing Date of Application||30/12/2022|
HOW TO APPLY
- Candidates willing to apply for one or more posts are requested to apply online.
- The online application can be filled in multiple sessions.
- Applications shall be received online only. No application or CV should be sent against this advertisement by email or letter mail.
- Application fee is not required.
- Persons employed in Government / Public Sector Enterprise / Autonomous Bodies should forward a copy of their application through the proper channels or should furnish a no objection certificate (NOC) from the competent authority or employer at the time of the interview.
SPECIALIZATIONS FOR FACULTY RECRUITMENT
|Civil Engineering (CE)||• Geotechnical Engineering
• Transportation Engineering
• Water Resources Engineering
- All qualifications, experiences and age limit will be considered as on the closing date of application.
- Applications received on or before the closing date only will be considered for scrutiny and selection.
- NIT Rourkela has adopted four-tier flexible faculty structure for NITs. Any new guidelines and clarifications issued by MOE, till final selection, shall be applicable.
- All degrees acquired by the applicant should be from an Institute / University recognized by the UGC / AICTE / AIU.
- No person, (i) who had entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or (ii) who is having a spouse alive, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to the said post.
- As an Institute of National Importance, NIT Rourkela strives to have faculty members, which reflects an all-India character and hence candidates from all over the country and abroad are encouraged to apply.
- NIT Rourkela strives to have faculty members, which also reflect gender balance and hence women candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
- Fresh appointment beyond the age of 60 years is discouraged except in the case of faculty with exceptional research, industrial, and/or academic career.
- In order to limit the number of candidates to be called for interview, the scrutiny committee constituted for the purpose may prepare a list of candidates to be called for interview by following a higher standard for shortlisting.
- Mere fulfilment of minimum qualification and experience does not entitle a candidate for a call to attend interview. Short listing criteria may be set higher than the minimum advertised.
- Since Departments/Subjects/Specializations are many and not comparable with each other, following an uniform standard/norm for shortlisting of a candidate by a department is not feasible. Hence, Departments may fix different short-listing criteria for a post/specialization.
- The Institute reserves the right to call finally short-listed candidates for interview after screening by the committee. The Institute also reserves the right to modify/defer or cancel full/part of the advertisement / recruitment process at any stage without assigning any reason thereof.
- Number and nature of posts shown above may change and vary at the time of selection/ recruitment. Further, the Institute reserves the right not to fill any post(s) or increase the vacancy.
- Candidates applying from abroad can be permitted to attend the interview on their request through video conferencing depending on merit. It is mandatory to have personal presence in the
interview for the applicants who are residing in India.
- Candidates shortlisted for interview will have to produce original documents for verification in support of their application regarding reservation category, educational qualification, experience, and other claims.
- Apart from the merit, the specialization of a candidate within a department will play a vital role in selection. Candidates with specialization in greater need by the department will be given preference. Candidates with work experience in reputed Universities, Institutions or Industry or with greater relevance to the academic programs of a department will be given preference.
- If a candidate is found suitable to a lower post (or Pay Level) than that applied for based on the recommendation of the short listing and selection committee, offer may be given for the lower post.
- Experienced and/or meritorious candidates may be given higher starting pay on recommendation of the selection committee against the applied post.
- Candidates may be posted and/or transferred to another Post/Department at any time during service career, in the interest of the Institute.
- Canvassing in any manner or unsolicited query made would entail disqualification of a candidate. Canvassing in any manner or unsolicited query made would entail disqualification of a candidate.
- The decision of the Institute in all matters will be final. No correspondence/interim inquiries will be entertained from the candidates in connection with the process of selection/interview including reasons for not being called for interview.
To know more, Download Detailed Notification
CIVILIANZ SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
Our Social media platforms are exclusively for Civil Engineering students, job candidates, teachers and all those who have a passion for Civil Engineering. You will get
Civil engineering quizzes and rewards
Regular job notifications
Civil related discussion and all in this group.