Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering GATE 2022 Notification Out!!!
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a national examination conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore and the seven Indian Institutes of Technology (at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) on behalf of the National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India
GATE 2022 will be conducted for 29 subjects (also referred to as “papers”) and it would be distributed over Saturday 5 th, Sunday 6th, Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th of February 2022. The GATE examination is conducted in different cities across India. The examination would be purely a Computer Based Test (CBT).
The GATE score would reflect the relative performance level of the candidate in a particular subject, which is quantified based on several years of examination data. Note that the GATE 2022 score is valid for THREE YEARS from the date of announcement of the results. No information on the
GATE 2022 score will be available after this period.
Use of GATE Score for Employment
In the past, several Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) have used GATE score to shortlist the candidates for employment. A few such organizations are: Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL), Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC), Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL), Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) and Power Grid Corporation of India (PGCI).
Direct recruitment to Group A level posts in Central government, i.e., Senior Field Officer (Tele), Senior Research Officer (Crypto) and Senior Research Officer (S&T) in Cabinet Secretariat, Government of India, is now being carried out on the basis of GATE score. The details of the scheme of recruitment are normally published in National Newspapers / Employment News / Rozgar Samachar by the concerned authority.
About GATE 2022
- IIT Kharagpur is the organising institute for GATE 2022.
- GATE 2022 will be conducted on 29 subjects (also referred to as “papers”) as ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT).
- The online examination papers will contain some questions of (i) Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type, where only one option out of four options is correct. Remaining questions may be of (ii) Multiple Select Question (MSQ) type, where one or more than one options out of four options is/are correct, and / or (iii) Numerical Answers Type (NAT) where answer must be keyed in by the candidate using a virtual keypad. The candidates will use ONLY an on-screen virtual calculator provided for the examination.
- A candidate can appear in ANY ONE or UP TO TWO papers of the GATE examination. However,
note that the combination of TWO papers in which a candidate can appear MUST be selected from the pre-defined list
- GATE 2022 examinations will be held during the forenoon and afternoon sessions on Saturday 5th Sunday 6th, Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th of February 2022
- Examination for some of the papers in GATE 2022 may be held in multiple sessions. However, a
candidate will be required to appear for the examination in ONLY one of the multiple sessions of the same paper.
1. Candidates have to register and fill the application via ONLINE mode ONLY at GATE 2022 website
2. The entire process of filling up of the application form and uploading of certificates / documents, etc. is in ONLINE mode only. The candidates should NOT send any hard copy of their application forms / documents etc. to IIT Kharagpur or any of the zonal GATE offices.
3. The Admit Cards for GATE 2022 would be available for download on the GATE 2022 website of IIT Kharagpur only. No printed copy of the Admit Cards will be posted to the candidates.
4. The candidate has to appear at the GATE Examination Centre on the date and time specified in the Admit Card.
5. No request for any changes in the Centre or Location or Date/Time specified in the Admit Card will be entertained. Similarly, this being an examination body with certain constraints, candidates needing very special or specific facility for the examination may not be entertained (except scribe facility). Hence, candidates are requested to adhere to the facilities that are possible within the ambit and resources of GATE Examination Body
6. Physical calculators, mobile phones, any other electronic/communication devices, wallets, books, papers, loose sheets, data or handbooks, tables, pen/pencil box/pouch, watches of any form etc. are strictly prohibited in exam halls and candidates possessing these (even if not using) will be
7. Biometric information (such as, Photograph, Iris scan and Fingerprints etc.) for randomly selected candidates may be captured before the start or during the examination.
8. In all matters concerning GATE 2022, the decision of the GATE 2022 Committee will be final and binding on all the applicants.
9. Although GATE 2022 will be held at different test centres across the country, the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, being the Organising Institute, bears the overall responsibility of conducting GATE 2022. In case of any claims or disputes arising with respect to GATE 2022, it is hereby made absolutely clear that the High Court of Calcutta in Kolkata alone will have the exclusive jurisdiction to entertain and settle them
10. TWO new papers called “Geomatics Engineering (GE)” and “Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering (NM)” are being introduced in GATE 2022.
Eligibility for GATE 2022
A candidate who is currently studying in the 3rd or higher years of any undergraduate degree program OR has already completed any government approved degree program in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Science / Commerce / Arts is eligible for appearing in the GATE 2022 exam.
However, the candidates who possess certification from any of the professional societies must ensure that those examinations conducted by the societies are approved by MoE/AICTE/UGC/UPSC as equivalent to B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Arch. / B.Planning, etc.
Must be currently in the 3rd or higher years or completed their Bachelor’s degree (duration: at least 3 years) in Engineering / Technology / Science / Arts / Commerce.
|B.E. / B.Tech. /
|Bachelor’s degree in Engineering /
Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc. / Diploma in Engineering / Technology)
|Currently in the 3rd year or higher or already completed
GATE 2022 Examination Cities
A candidate can choose THREE cities from the list of examination cities. All the three choices must be from the same GATE 2022 zone.
If a candidate chooses a particular city (in a particular zone) as the first choice, then he/she will be able to choose the city of second and third choices ONLY from the same zone. Note that, because of the operational constraints, the GATE Committee reserves the right to add a new city or remove an existing one, and allot a city that may not be from any of the choices selected by the candidate.
Application for GATE 2022 must be submitted ONLINE website by paying necessary application fees. The photograph, signature, category certificate (SC / ST / PwD) and / or Dyslexic certificate, wherever applicable, must be uploaded during the online application. Candidates MUST enter the valid photo identity (ID) number specified in any one of the following IDs: Aadhaar-UID (preferable), Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID and Driving License. The candidates who do not possess any of these identity cards, may please procure any one of them before making the application. Candidate MUST produce the SAME original valid photo ID proof during the examination for verification purpose. In the absence of the SAME original valid photo ID proof, candidate will NOT be allowed to appear for GATE 2022 examination
GATE 2022 Application Fee
|For Examination Centres in India
(30th August to 24th Sept. 2021)
(25th Sep. to 1st Oct. 2021)
|Female candidates (per paper)
|SC / ST / PwD* category candidates (per paper)
|All other candidates (per paper)
GATE Online Application Process
GATE 2022 provides an online interface to the candidate for interacting with the GATE administration. With this interface, a candidate can:
1. Apply for the examination
2. Upload photograph, signature and other documents and category certificate (SC / ST / PwD) and / or Dyslexic certificate as applicable.
3. Pay the application fee through any of the electronic payment modes.
4. Check the Status of the application form: Received, under scrutiny, Accepted, Defect status, Status after rectification, rejected with valid reasons, Admit Card ready for download, etc.
5. Download Admit Card.
6. View your answers, marks and GATE score
7. Download GATE scorecard.
8. A candidate must first register by providing Full Name (as per the valid photo ID, which candidate MUST bring in original while appearing for GATE 2022 examination at the examination centre), a valid e-mail address, mobile number and by choosing a password. All communications from the GATE Offices will be sent to this e-mail address (ONLY ONE PERSON CAN REGISTER WITH ONE e-mail ADDRESS) and / or mobile number. Give the personal mobile number and e-mail address, because most of the communication will be through e-mail and/or SMS
9. Each registered candidate will be provided with an Enrolment ID. Upon registration, an e-mail containing the Enrolment ID will be sent to the candidate. This Enrolment ID will be the reference ID for all future communication until the examination gets over.
10. The candidate has to choose a password during Enrolment. This password must be remembered along with the Enrolment ID to login in to your account. It is strongly recommended to choose a password that cannot be guessed easily (it should not be the candidate’s name, date of birth, or some easily identifiable string of numbers or letters like 12345 or abcd). Length of the password should be 8-15 characters. Keep your password information safe, secure and confidential
11. Filling in GATE 2022 Application
12. After due registration, GATE 2022 application must be filled and submitted ONLINE only
Admit Card can ONLY be downloaded from the GATE 2022 website from 3rd January 2022. Admit Cards will NOT be sent by post or as an e-mail attachment.
Candidates must bring a print-out of the downloaded Admit Card on A4 sized paper to the Examination for the verification along with the original and valid photo Identity Document (NO photocopy / scanned copy / NOT an expired document), which was specified during the filling up of the online application (for example: Aadhaar-UID, Passport, PAN card, Voter ID and Driving License)
The Admit Card is valid IF and ONLY IF the candidate’s photograph and signature images are clear and legible. The photograph on the Admit Card and that in the valid photo identity document should match with the appearance of the candidate on the day of examination. To ensure this, print the Admit Card on an A4 sized paper using a laser printer, preferably in colour. Both, the GATE 2022 Admit Card and Original ID proof are essential for entry into the examination hall.
All the papers of the GATE 2022 examination will be of 3 hours duration and they consist of 65 questions for a total of 100 marks. Since the examination is an ONLINE computer based test (CBT), at the end of the stipulated time (3-hours), the computer screen will automatically close the
examination inhibiting any further action.
Candidates will be permitted to occupy their allotted seats 40 minutes before the scheduled start of the examination. Candidates can login and start reading the instructions 20 minutes before the start of examination. The late login time (if any) recorded by the computer system MUST NOT be beyond 30 minutes from the actual starting time of the examination. Under NO circumstances, will a candidate be permitted to login after 30 minutes from the actual examination starting time. Candidates will NOT be permitted to leave the examination hall before the end of the examination.
GATE 2022 Pattern of Questions
GATE 2022 may contain questions of THREE different types in all the papers:
1. Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
carry 1 or 2 marks each, in all the papers and sections. These questions are objective in nature, and each will have choice of four answers, out of which ONLY ONE choice is correct.
Negative Marking for Wrong Answers: For a wrong answer chosen in a MCQ, there will be negative marking. For 1-mark MCQ, 1/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer. Likewise, for 2-mark MCQ, 2/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.
2. Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)
carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all the papers and sections. These questions are objective in nature, and each will have choice of four answers, out of which ONE or MORE than ONE choice(s) is / are correct.
There is NO negative marking for a wrong answer in MSQ questions. However, there is NO partial credit for choosing partially correct combinations of choices or any single wrong choice.
3. Numerical Answer Type (NAT)
Questions carry 1 or 2 marks each in most of the papers and sections. For these questions, the answer is a signed real number, which needs to be entered by the candidate using the virtual numeric keypad on the monitor (keyboard of the computer will be disabled). No choices will be shown for these types of questions. The answer can be a number such as 10 or -10 (an integer only). The answer may be in decimals as well, for example, 10.1 (one decimal) or 10.01 (two decimals) or -10.001 (three decimals). These questions will be mentioned with, up to which decimal places, the candidates need to present the answer. Also, for some NAT type problems an appropriate range will be considered while evaluating these questions so that the candidate is not unduly penalized due to the usual round-off errors. Candidates are advised to do the rounding off at the end of the calculation (not in between steps). Wherever required and possible, it is better to give NAT answer up to a maximum of three decimal places.
Important Dates Related to GATE 2022
|Online Application Process Opens
|Closing Date of REGULAR online registration/ application process
|End of Extended period for online Registration / application (with late fee)
|Last Date for change of Category, Paper and Examination City (an additional fee will be applicable)
|Admit Card will be available for download
|GATE 2022 Examination
|Announcement of the Results in the Online Application Portal
For detailed notificationDOWNLOAD
Our Social media platforms are excusively for Civil Engineering students, job candidates, teachers and all those who have passion for Civil Engineering.
You will get
Civil engineering quizz and rewards
Regular job notifications
Civil related discussion and all in this group.
JOIN OUR SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS