National Institute of Technology, Warangal (Deemed University), formerly known as Regional Engineering College, was established in 1959. Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru laid the foundation stone for this institute on October 10, 1959, the first in the chain of 30 NITs (formerly known as RECs) in the country. The Institute is well known for its dedicated faculty, staff and state-of-the-art infrastructure conducive to a healthy academic environment. The Institute is constantly striving to achieve higher levels of technical excellence. Evolving a socially relevant and yet internationally acceptable curriculum, implementing innovative and effective teaching methodologies and focusing on the wholesome development of the students are our concerns. NIT Warangal invites applications from Civil Engineers to PhD Programs, in Full-time (FT) and Part-time (PT) modes.
The candidates selected for admission to PhD omg under the Full-Time program are eligible to receive an Institute fellowship as per Ministry of Education rules. The Institute fellowships are subject to change from time to time as per the instructions from the Ministry of Education, Government of India. Category-wise (GEN-EWS, OBC-NCL, SC, ST, PwD) reservations on overall available seats will be
followed as per Government of India norms. Applications are invited online from highly motivated candidates.
There are thirteen types of student categories in the PhD Degree Program.
1. Full-time student on Institute fellowship
2. Full-time Government/ Semi-Government Fellowship awardees/ QIP/ FIP(UGC) / CSIR/ UGC/ DOE/ DST/ DBT/ NBHM, etc.
3. Full-time project fellows/ JRF/ SRF appointed in R&D projects being carried out at NITW.
4. Full-time Sponsored student from Industry/ R&D organizations.
5. Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) fellowship awardees (Foreign students).
6. Full-time External (CSIR/ JRF/ SRF Fellows) working in National Research Laboratories/ R&D Organization having necessary facilities.
7. Full-time Self-financing Programme (Sponsored by Industry)
8. Full-time Self-finance (Rule of reservation is not applicable. Master’s degree is compulsory whereas GATE/ UGC/ CSIR/ INSPIRE/ NET/ CAT is not mandatory).
1. Permanent faculty and other permanent staff of NIT, Warangal.
2. Permanent faculty of Private Academic Institutions with NIRF ranking below 200 at least once in the last five years.
3. Permanent faculty from Educational Institutions fully funded by the Government or Maintained by Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Mode.
4. Permanent Employees from Private Industries with R&D facilities having three years of experience in an industry of five years standing with membership in CII/ ASSOCHEM or any other similar membership.
5. Permanent employees working in Government R&D laboratories/ Government Organizations/ Government Industry/ PSUs/ State Undertakings
1. A student of Full-time student on Institute fellowship will receive the Institute scholarship for a duration of three years, which may be extendable by one more year, based on the recommendations of Doctoral Scrutiny Committee.
2. Student of Full-time Sponsored student from Industry/ R&D organizations shall be sponsored and financed by the sponsoring organization.
3. Student of Full-time External (CSIR/ JRF/ SRF Fellows) working in National Research Laboratories/ R&D Organization having necessary facilities shall produce a no objection certificate from the organization where he/she has got a fellowship and also acceptance from a possible supervisor along with bio-data from the Organization. There will not be any financial commitment from NITW for students.
4. Students of Full-time Self-financing Programme shall produce a No Objection and Sponsorship Certificate from the Organization where he/ she is working.
5. A part-time student of Permanent faculty and other permanent staff of NIT, Warangal shall produce a sponsorship-cum-clearance certificate from the Director, NITW.
6. A part-time student of Permanent faculty of Private Academic Institutions with NIRF ranking below 200 at least once in the last five years shall produce a No Objection certificate from the present Institute which should be AICTE recognized along with the NIRF ranking proof in the last five years.
7. Change of status from one category to another category or from full-time to part-time (except full-time self-finance) will be subjected to the approval of the Senate based on recommendations of DSC and DAC-PG&R. Students should have submitted the synopsis for getting permission to convert from full-time to part-time.
8. No student can receive a scholarship/ fellowship from more than one source, either Government or Private.
9. As per AICTE/ UGC norms, students of category (a) must have passed GATE/ UGC / CSIR exam/ DAE-JEST. In case of students with M.Sc./ M.Sc.(Tech)/ MBA/ MA qualification, GATE/ UGC-CSIR-NET/ INSPIRE qualification is necessary.
10. Written test is exempted for a permanent faculty staff member of NITW who wishes to register for PhD in the Department where he/ she is working. If the permanent faculty / Staff member wishes to work for his/ her PhD in some other Department, then the written test and/ or interview are/ is necessary.
11. Candidates of all categories must appear for an interview
Master’s/ M.S. (by Research) degree in Engineering/Technology in Civil Engineering. All candidates must have qualified in GATE
DETAILS OF THE INSTITUTE FEE
For Full-time and Part-time Candidates of PhD ADMISSIONS 2022 – NIT WARANGAL:
Details of the fee
Amount (in Rs.)
|Tuition Fee per semester
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY
1. Application form is to be submitted online which is available on the website.
2. All the necessary documents are to be uploaded online. The proof of payment of the registration fee (Rs. 1600/- for GEN/ GEN-EWS/ OBC-NCL and Rs.800/- for SC/ ST/ PwD candidates) must accompany the application form.
3. The candidates who are employed and wish to do PhD under full-time must enclose NO OBJECTION certificate from the employer.
Announcement of inviting Applications
Last date to receive applications online
Announcement of shortlisted candidates for written test/interview
Dates of written test/Interview (In offline mode)
|20.06.2022 to 25.06.2022
Announcement of selected candidates
Reporting by the selected candidates for admission
|18.06.2022 to 22.06.2022
For detailed advertisement,
CIVILIANZ SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
Our Social media platforms are excusively for Civil Engineering students, job candidates, teachers and all those who have passion for Civil Engineering.
You will get
Civil engineering quizz and rewards
Regular job notifications
Civil related discussion and all in this group.
PhD ADMISSIONS 2022 – NIT WARANGAL