POWERGRID, the Central Transmission Utility (CTU) of India is a ‘Maharatna’ Public Sector Enterprise under the Ministry of Power; Govt. of India is engaged in power transmission business with the mandate for planning, coordination, supervision and control over complete inter-State transmission system and operation of National & Regional Power Grids.
NUMBER OF POSTS
|Name of post||Vacancy|
|Name of post||Qualification|
Full time B.E/B.Tech/ B.Sc (Engg.) in Civil discipline or equivalent from recognized University / Institute with minimum 55% marks for General/OBC(NCL)/EWS/ST and pass marks for SC candidates.
|Field Supervisor||Full time Diploma in Civil Engineering from recognized technical Board/Institute with minimum 55% marks for General/OBC(NCL)/EWS/ST and pass marks for SC candidates. Higher technical qualification like B.Tech/B.E/M.Tech/M.E etc with or without Diploma is not allowed|
1. The engagement of personnel is purely temporary in nature and on contact basis for a period of 24 months or completion of the project, whichever is earlier. The actual engagement may vary depending on requirement and status of project.
2. Field Engineer/Field Supervisor shall submit the Police Verification Report / Employee Verification Report regarding Character & Antecedents from police station of their permanent home address. If due to any reason, they are not able to submit the aforesaid document at the time of joining, they shall be provisionally allowed to join on the basis of character certificate & Attestation form submitted subject to condition that he/she shall submit the verification report within 3 months, failing which his/her engagement as Field Engineer shall automatically be terminated without assignment of any reason/notice whatsoever.
3. The personnel engaged will not be entitled to claim for any regular employment in POWERGRID or any relaxations in case of any recruitment for regular posts in POWERGRID.
4. The contractual engagement will automatically be terminated on expiry of 24 months or on completion of the project, whichever is earlier
5. The engagement will be project / state specific.
6. The Management reserves the right to cancel / restrict / enlarge / modify / alter the recruitment / selection process, if need so arises, without issuing any further notice or assigning any reason thereafter. The vacancies notified may vary and operation of panel will depend on requirement
7. All information regarding this recruitment process would be made available in the career section of POWERGRID website only. Applicants are advised to check the web site periodically for important updates.
A. For Field Engineer
1. Selection will involve Interview only, of the eligible and shortlisted candidates. However, the Management reserves the right to raise the minimum eligibility standards / criteria and / or to conduct a screening test, to restrict the number of candidates to be called for Personal Interview, if so required.
2. Screening test, if conducted, shall be for elimination purpose only and will not have any weightage in final merit.
3. Screening test, if conducted shall be of 1 hr duration for 75 marks (in two parts. Part-1: 50 questions on relevant discipline and Part-2: 25 questions on Aptitude). There will not be any negative marking.
4. Qualifying marks in screening test for UR category shall be 40% and for reserved category 30%.
5. Candidates who qualify in test will be shortlisted and called for interview based on their performance in screening test
6. The merit will be drawn purely on the basis of performance in the Interview
7. Shortlisted Candidates will have to qualify in the Interview to be adjudged suitable for empanelment for appointment. Candidates shall have the option for appearing the Personal Interview in Hindi or English
B. For Field Supervisor
1. Selections shall be made on the basis of scrutiny of applications w.r.t. eligibility criteria and desired experience profile and written test of the candidates found eligible after scrutiny
2. Candidates qualifying in the written test shall be empanelled in the order of merit of marks obtained in written test
3. The scheme of the test would be as follows:
a) The test would be of 1 hour duration
b) Sections and Number of questions:
i. Technical Knowledge Test – 50 questions based on Diploma syllabus in the relevant discipline
ii. Aptitude Test – 25 questions based on Logical reasoning, data interpretation, comprehension, vocabulary, data sufficiency and numerical ability
c) All questions would be MCQ type with 4 options and carry equal weightage (1 mark each) and there shall be no negative marking.
d) Qualifying marks would be minimum 40% for Unreserved including EWS and 30% for reserved vacancies.
|Field Engineer||Rs 400/-|
|Field Supervisor||Rs 300/-|
SC/ST/PwD/Ex-SM are exempted from payment of Application Fee.
HOW TO APPLY?
1. Interested eligible candidates should apply only through On-line Registration System of POWERGRID. To apply logon to http://www.powergrid.in → Careers section → Job Opportunities→ Openings → Regional Openings → Northern Region-1, Delhi Recruitment → Contractual Positions and then “Engagement of experienced personnel on Contract Basis for the post of Field Engineer & Field Supervisor”. No other means/ mode of application shall be accepted. POWERGRID will not be
responsible for bouncing back of any email sent to the candidate.
2. Before registering and submitting their applications on the website, the candidate should possess a Valid Self E-mail ID, Alternate E-mail ID and Mobile number
3. Candidates are advised to upload the following documents while submitting online application in the space earmarked in the on-line application
4. Applicants are advised to take a print out of the submitted online application and note down the user ID and password generated at the time of online registration. Shortlisted/screened candidates are required
to produce the above uploaded documents in original for verification at the time of interview/joining.
5. Information regarding this recruitment process shall be made available in the career section of POWERGRID website. Applicants are advised to check the website periodically for updates
6. Candidates are not required to forward the hard copies of applications to Powergrid
7. Also, candidates should keep the following documents ready with themselves for any future requirement. (Self-attested copies):
a) Copy of online generated resume
b) Documents related to Essential Qualification (Passing Certificate & Mark sheets.)
c) Documents related to Other Qualifications (Passing Certificate and Mark sheets)
d) Proof of norms adopted by the University/ Institute to convert CGPA/OGPA/DGPA into percentage.
e) Documents related to Experience (Present as well as Previous)
f) Proof of Date of Birth(X class certificate/ Birth Certificate)
g) Caste (SC/ST/OBC-NCL/EWS) Certificate for claiming Reservation/ Relaxation/concessions (as applicable)
h) Discharge Certificate (If applicable)
i) Disability Certificate (If applicable)
j) Any other relevant document
k) Candidates should submit only single application for a post and application once submitted cannot be altered. A valid e-mail ID is essential for submission of the online application. POWERGRID will not be
responsible for bouncing of any e-mail sent to the candidates.
l) Candidates are advised to make a note of their e-mail ID as entered in the application form and Registration Number generated at the top right hand corner of the ‘Resume’. These would be required for accessing information through candidate login during the later stage of the recruitment process.
m) Once applied, the applicants are advised to check the web site as well as their registered e-mail regularly for any updates.
8. The admit card indicating Roll Number, Name of the allocated Test Center and guidelines for the test will be made available on our website to the candidates found apparently eligible based on the online data only. The candidate has to download his/her Admit card, Test Guidelines etc. for appearing in the test from the website only. Please note that the admit card will not be sent by post.
9. All information regarding this recruitment will be made available on the website: http://www.powergrid.in and no separate communication shall be made. Candidates must constantly visit website http://www.powergrid.in for information regarding dates of written test, downloading of admit card, result of written test, medical standards etc
10. E-mail ID and Mobile number to be entered in online application form is mandatory. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new email ID before applying online. Candidates are advised to keep the e-mail ID and Mobile number entered compulsorily in the online application form, active for at least one year. No change in the email ID or mobile number will be allowed once entered. All future correspondence shall be made via E-mail and/or SMS only
11. Applicants should keep sufficient copies of same photographs in reserve for future use, which they are using in the Online Registration
12. It is mandatory that eligible candidates go through the full text of the advertisement and agree to all the conditions given, while applying for the post
13. No manual / paper application will be entertained.
GENERAL INFORMATION & INSTRUCTIONS
1. Only Indian Nationals who have attained the age of 18 years or above are eligible to apply
2. Before applying, the candidate should ensure that he/she fulfils the eligibility criteria and other norms mentioned in this advertisement.
3. It is the responsibility of candidate to satisfy that he/ she meets the eligibility criteria (as mentioned in this advertisement) fully before applying. The online application form will not be checking the eligibility.
4. Candidates not meeting the specified criteria including experience profile, wherever required, shall not be considered for selection.
5. The candidate must possess qualifications recognized by the relevant statutory bodies like UGC/ AICTE etc. Correspondence course in Diploma shall not be considered as recognised qualification as per AICTE norms
6. Higher technical qualification like B.Tech/B.E. /M.Tech/M.E etc with or without Diploma is not allowed for the post of Field Supervisors.
7. The engagement of personnel is purely temporary in nature and on contact basis for a period of 24 months or completion of the project, whichever is earlier.
8. All selected candidates for the post of FE & FS shall be required to submit Police Verification Report/Employee Verification Report regarding Character & Antecedents from police station of their concerned permanent home address, at the time of joining POWERGRID, If due to any reason, the candidate is unable to submit the aforesaid documents at the timing joining, then he/she shall be provisionally allowed to join on the basis of character certificate and attestation form submitted subject to the condition that he/she shall submit the said documents within 3 months of their joining. In this regard an undertaking shall be required to be given by such candidates. In case the candidates fail to submit the above document within
3 months of joining, his/her engagement shall automatically be terminated without assigning any reason / notice whatsoever.
9. Selected personnel shall generally be deployed in cities/towns/villages of Northern Region-I. However, Management reserves the right to post selected personnel at any of its project/office as per requirement.
10. The personnel engaged will not be entitled to claim for any regular employment in POWERGRID or any relaxations in case of any recruitment for regular posts in POWERGRID.
11. The contractual engagement will automatically be terminated on expiry of 24 months or on completion of extended period or completion of project, whichever is earlier. The engagement will be project / state /region specific
12. The no. of posts notified may vary and operation of panel will depend on requirement
13. Application Fee is non-refundable even if the candidature is rejected for any reason.
14. Applications in which the essential qualification/ experience cannot be fully ascertained will be liable for rejection. Hence candidates are advised to properly fill the application and provide necessary documents asked for.
15. Applications should be submitted through online mode only. Applications not in conformity with the requirements mentioned above/not in given proforma /without relevant supporting documents/incomplete /without application fees (if applicable) will be rejected and no correspondence shall be entertained in this regard
16. Training / Teaching period will not be counted as experience.
17. Candidates claiming reservation under OBC (NCL) should belong to OBC – Non creamy layer as on last date of online submission of application to POWERGRID.
18. Wherever CGPA/OGPA/DGPA or Letter Grade in a degree / diploma is awarded, its equivalent percentage of marks must be indicated in the application form as per norms adopted by University / Institute.
19. Percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelor’s degree/diploma shall be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/institution from where the candidate has obtained the degree.
20. In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks shall be based on the procedure certified by the university/ institution from where they have obtained the qualification.
21. In case the university/ institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
22. All computations of Age, Qualification, Post Qualification Experience etc., shall be as on closing date of online application i.e. 09.05.2021. Date of issuance of final mark sheet shall be taken as the date of acquiring qualification
23. If any certificate etc. is issued in a language other than Hindi/English, candidates are advised to submit a certified translation of the same in either Hindi or English language at the time of Interview, if called for.
24. Mere submission of Application does not guarantee the adequacy of candidature for being considered for further selection process.
25. In case of more than one online registration by same candidate, the application (or registration ID) against which fee is deposited shall only be considered for further scrutiny. In case more than one online application with fees is deposited then the last registered application shall only be considered for further scrutiny. Similarly where application fees are not applicable (SC/ST/EX-SM/PwD), the last registered application shall only be considered for further scrutiny.
26. Candidates working in Govt. / PSU are required to produce “No Objection Certificate” at the time of Interview.
27. Candidates called for interview (for FE post) shall be reimbursed second class rail/bus fare by shortest route for to & fro journey provided they meet the laid down criteria.
28. In case of Written Test, details of test centre, venue shall be intimated to candidates. Only SC/ST/PwD Candidates shall be reimbursed sleeper class rail/bus fare by shortest route for appearing for Written test, provided they meet the laid down criteria
29. For the Un Reserved (UR) vacancy, SC/ST/EWS/OBC (NCL) candidates can apply subject to meeting with all general standards of eligibility.
30. Management reserves the right to cancel / restrict /enlarge / modify / alter the recruitment/ selection process, if need so arises, without issuing any further notice or assigning any reason thereafter.
31. Correspondence course in BE/B.Tech/B.Sc Engg/Diploma shall not be considered as recognised qualification as per AICTE norms
32. All eligibility qualification should be recognized and from a recognized Institution/Board/Council/ University. Wherever CGPA/OGPA/DGPA or Letter Grade in a degree/diploma is awarded, its equivalent percentage of marks must be indicated in the application form as per norms adopted by University/ Institute. Proof of norms adopted by the University/Institute to convert CGPA/OGPA/DGPA into percentage is to be submitted at the time of verification, if called for. In case the University/Institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
33. The vacancies notified may vary and operation of panel will depend on requirement
34. Candidature is liable to be rejected at any stage of recruitment/selection process without notice or if joined services are liable to be terminated, if any information provided by the candidate is not found in conformity with the eligibility criteria notified or if POWERGRID comes across any evidence/knowledge that the qualification/experience and any other particulars indicated in the application/personal resumes/other forms/ formats are not recognized/false/misleading and/or amounts to suppression of information/ particulars which should have been brought to the notice of POWERGRID or that the candidate has been shortlisted for next stage in the process/ has secured employment in POWERGRID through or adopting any unfair means.
35. Management reserves the right to raise or lower the qualifying standards in any stage of the selection process depending on availability of sufficient number of candidates.
36. Candidates claiming reservation under OBC (NCL) should belong to OBC- Non creamy layer as on closing date of submission of online application i.e 09.05.2021
37. All photocopies of documents (along with the application) submitted at the time of Document Verification, if called for, should be self-attested by the candidate. Candidates should retain sufficient number of same coloured size photograph as used in the online application for future use
38. Legal jurisdiction will be NCT of Delhi in case of any cause / dispute.
39. No correspondence regarding this recruitment made in Complaint Management System of POWERGRID will be entertained.
40. Complaints attributable to the incompatibility of the Client Systems, ignorance of users, non-availability of internet connectivity or any other aspects beyond the direct control of POWERGRID employees or systems will not be entertained.
41. Online application forms that are incomplete and without prescribed fee will be rejected straight away and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained
42. There is no provision of re-checking / re-evaluation of Answer Sheets.
43. The candidature of the candidate at all stages of the selection process shall be provisional in nature.
44. Mobile phones / pagers / iPad / iPod / Tablets / Phablets or any other such electronic device is strictly prohibited inside the examination hall. Candidates are advised to not carry the same to the examination hall. Possession of any electronic device inside the examination hall may lead to disqualification of candidature of the candidate.
45. Candidates are required to fill in their bank details such as bank A/C No, Bank’s name Branch Name, IFSC code etc. in the online application form in order to enable us to process TA payment online, if applicable.
46. The contractual engagement will be regulated by Company’s rules and administrative orders that may be enforced from time to time during the period of engagement
|Opening Date for On-line Registration of Application||26.04.2021|
|Last date for closing of On-line Registration of Application and submission of online fees||09.05.2021 upto 23:59 hrs|
For detailed advertisement,DOWNLOAD